Monday, July 6, 2009

The Swords of Heaven

The other night I had a vision of heaven. In this vision I was in the throne room. As I was seated upon the throne with Christ He got up and led me past the throngs of worshippers. He led me out of the throne room and showed me what I would consider a portal to earth. Through this portal I could see any region that I wanted. Angels were using this portal to access the earth. After viewing this portal Christ then led me to another room.

In this room were many swords. I could see rack after rack of swords. There were every kind of sword. Every culture was represented. I remember seeing the Roman gladius, the Japanese katana, and various European swords as well. I then saw a giant sword, about 20 feet long, mounted upon the wall. In my vision I asked what this sword was for. Jesus answered that this sword belonged to Michael the archangel. It was being saved for the last days when all of the enemies of Israel will surround it. Michael will take up that sword and with one stroke cut off the heads of all the surrounding nations. In doing so he will deliver Israel. 

I meditated on my vision for some time. I wondered the significance of the swords. God reminded me that the sword represents His Word. There is a Word for a particular moment. We don't have one sword throughout our lives. But God gives us different swords for different seasons. He will provide us with exactly the sword that we need at the present moment. Just as there is a sword that is waiting for Michael to use for one moment in history- so are there swords being held in waiting for you and I. 

Lord, I pray that you will release divine strategies to your people. I pray that you will reveal to them the words that they need in the present moment. Equip them with the proper sword for this season. Enable them to receive it. Continue to reveal your heart to us and to educate us in the ways of heaven. For yours is the glory forever and ever, Amen!


No comments: