Friday, December 2, 2011

My Reassignment

The transition of 2011 into 2012 will also witness my transitioning from the marketplace to vocational ministry. Following is the support letter that I am sending out. I'm posting it here for two reasons. One, to update you, my readers, on what God is doing in my life. Two, to ask you to prayerfully consider partnering with me both in prayer and in finances. I am spending this last month of 2011 to transition out of my job and to raise support. 


For the past two years God has assigned me to the marketplace. Recently I have felt called to leave my job, and the career that I have been building, in order to be a full-time missionary in the city of Los Angeles. For the past few months I have been involved with a ministry called Radiance International that launched earlier this year. Our vision is to see Hollywood transformed by the power of God and touch the nations. The primary focus of our ministry is 24/7 prayer and worship. We see this described in Revelation and it is the model that we choose to emulate as we seek to see heaven here on earth.

On earth as it is in heaven! That familiar line from the Lord’s Prayer is one of the biggest cries of my heart. As a full-time missionary, here in Los Angeles, I will be involved with several things. One is the prayer room; I will be spending about 20 hours a week leading prayer watches focusing on particular topics as we pursue the heart of God for the city, nation, and the world. I will also be involved with our street team that is launching this January. Our prayer house is located in the heart of Hollywood and we plan on hitting the streets to pray for those who need physical, emotional, and spiritual healing during the busiest club nights.

Much of my other roles are going to be defined over the next month or two as I transition into full-time ministry with Radiance. There are opportunities for international missions, teaching Bible studies, equipping college students, discipleship, and working with marketplace leaders, just to name a few.

This is a huge transition that has scared me for some time but I know that the timing is now. In order to step out into this mission I need to raise support. I am looking for a team of people to commit to $100 a month, or any other amount. It is my goal to raise support by the end of the year so that I might enter into the house full time starting with the new year.

I covet your prayers. Please pray for protection as I minister on the front lines. I am excited to see what God is going to do during 2012 and beyond. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Blessings from the city of the angels of our Lord,
Matthew Prewett


If God leads you to give financially then please email me at matthewprewett(at)gmail.com for details on how you can give a tax-deductible donation.

No comments: