Monday, February 13, 2012

February Newsletter


Matthew Prewett
Missionary to Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
PO Box 3693
Hollywood, CA 90078
Email: matthewprewett(at)gmail.com

February 2012 Newsletter

This past month:
            This past month has been an adventure to say the least. I have transitioned into the house of prayer full-time, moved out of my previous place, was homeless for a week while crashing on couches (that’s a whole story in of itself), and then finally found a place to move into. But God has been good and I am enjoying a life of faith upon His provision.
            One of the highlights of this month was a prayer strike at the site of where the Watts riots began. Eight leaders gathered to ask the Lord to heal the land and to seek racial reconciliation in the city. One powerful moment was when I, a 6th generation Californian of European descent, and a pastor, who had been raised in the Black Panther movement, looked into each other’s eyes as brothers. We asked for forgiveness on behalf of our communities, and prophesied over the destiny of the other.
            Something God has shown me was that He ordained California to be a state that stood for justice. It was established to be a beacon of purity and passion for the Kingdom. Sadly, over the generations that sacred charge was lost. It is my prayer that this heritage and birthright will be redeemed.
            This past week was the anniversary of the founding of Hollywood. Media reported on how it was originally founded to be a community where Christians would live in purity. The founder intended it to be a place free from the vices of the world. This was God’s intent for Hollywood. I believe that Hollywood can still become that shining light to the nations.           

Prayer Needs:
            Please continue to pray for my protection and purity as I minister. Also pray for a unity between staff members.
            I am considering launching a service at Radiance where I will teach about identity and destiny- so please pray for guidance and that I will be doing all things in God’s timing and not mine.
            I feel called to work on two books this year. One of them is based on the story of Anna the prophetess (Luke 2) and how she is an example of an end-time prayer and worship movement that will usher in the 2nd coming of Christ. The 2nd book is about destiny, spiritual heritage, and birthright. It will cover how to discover who you are in Christ, what you are called to do, and how to walk in the authority that He has given you.

Financial Needs:
            I still need to raise a team of supporters who can commit to funding me on a monthly basis so that I can focus on the ministry at hand.
            There are two ways to partner with me. The first is by one time gifts- the 2nd is by committing to a monthly support amount. Any gifts can be mailed to (put my name on the memo line) to:

Radiance International
6121 Sunset Blvd, Studio 205T Hollywood, CA  90028

For on-line giving please contact me and I can give you directions for that. 

No comments: