Monday, May 7, 2012

May Newsletter


Matthew Prewett
Missionary to Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
PO Box 3693
Hollywood, CA 90078

May 2012 Newsletter

This past month:
            April was a very fun month. It was a month of warfare, revelation, and breakthrough. I have spent much of the month working on my writing and praying for direction for the next few months of ministry.
            One key event of April was the 20th anniversary of the LA riots. Most of us remember these events that were televised across the nation as there was looting and arson across much of LA. This was all sparked by the acquittal of the four police officers who beat Rodney King.
            Radiance has been spearheading a prayer initiative to address the roots of racism, prejudice, and injustice that were behind these riots. The Watts riots of 1965 were started because of a very similar situation and many fear that circumstances are ripe for another race riot. The recent events in Florida with Trayvon Martin illustrates the need for healing.
            Radiance has devoted several prayer sets each week over the past few months to the issues of racial reconciliation. At the end of April eight of us gathered to pray at some of the key flashpoints of the LA riots. It was a powerful time as we addressed many of the roots and called forth destiny. We feel that breakthrough happened on that day. I took this picture of a sign that is at the gate to the apartment complex from where the famous video of the Rodney King beating was filmed. I strongly feel that it is a testimony of God’s redemption and plan for unity within Los Angeles.

            In other news I also moved to Reseda in the SF Valley. I got my housing gifted to me for the next two months which is a huge blessing. Check out my blog for a word that I received about God’s heart for the SF valley.
           
Prayer Needs:
            Please be praying for my book. I’m mostly done with the rough draft & am hoping to have a 1st draft ready for the editing/feedback process by the end of the month.
            Pray for the many prayer gatherings that will be taking place across the nation this month.  
            I’m also part of the team that is responsible for launching a deliverance ministry here at Radiance. Please be praying for discernment, protection, and covering.
Financial Needs:
            I am still in need of partners both one-time and monthly. If you feel led then please contact me on how you can partner with what I’m doing in Hollywood.
             

No comments: