Thursday, August 9, 2012

August Newsletter


Matthew Prewett
Missionary to Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
PO Box 3693
Hollywood, CA 90078

August 2012 Newsletter

This past month:
            These last two months have been action packed. So action packed in fact that I missed getting a July newsletter out.
            The main highlight of these last two months was a six-week discipleship training school that we hosted from July 25th to August 5th. We had over 20 full-time, along with about 20 more part-time, students come to Hollywood to be trained. We covered deliverance, spiritual warfare, inner healing, prophecy, signs and wonders, evangelism, theology of the end-times, prayer, worship, and a bunch more. I was able to participate in the program and I have to say that it was a life changing experience for all of those involved. A number of the interns are in the industry, some others are still in college, and others are called to vocational ministry so it was a wide spectrum of people. The testimonies from the program are enormous. Everything from personal breakthrough, to healing among relatives, to salvations when we ministered on the streets.
            I was also able to complete my book on the life of Anna. I have a few people reviewing it and will be making the final changes before sending it off to the publisher in the next week or two. If all goes according to plan it should be released by Thanksgiving.
            I have also been working with a number of the student leaders from Pepperdine University. They are on fire for the things of God and I have the pleasure of coming alongside of what they are doing in a support role. I’m expecting some big things in this coming school year.

Looking forward:
            In these next few months I am going to be starting my second book. This book, that I am in the midst of researching for, will be geared for those who are called to reach secular society from the inside out. The main focus will be for those who are called to the mountains of business and entertainment.
            I am also in the planning stages of a training course that we hope to have to train people in prophecy.
            These next few months are very critical as we take advantage of the opportunities that are in front of us and continue to build a foundation for next year.
Prayer Needs:
            Be praying for wisdom and discernment as I start to implement many of the things that have been on my heart for the past number of months.
            Pray for Kingdom opportunities and for the right ministry relationships to form. Pray for open doors and for God’s timing to be done.
            Please pray against any blockages. Pray that God’s will be done in His perfect timing and that nothing would stand in the way.
Financial Needs:
            I continue to need those who are willing to partner with me on a monthly basis. Please contact me to learn how to do this or how to give a one-time tax-deductible gift.            

No comments: