Monday, December 15, 2014

I'm Moving to Berkeley!

Earlier this year I had the privilege of spending almost two months with TheCall. About seventy of us gathered for 50 days of fasting and prayer in preparation for TheCall Berkeley. We saw great miracles in our midst as we contended for the Kingdom of God to be manifested within our generation. We saw the heavens shake and witnessed angelic armies moving at the sound of our prayers. It was a great honor to serve alongside of those who have been laboring for years in Berkeley. I knew before I went up there that this trip was going to shift the trajectory of my life and prepare me for the next season of my life. I just didn't know what that was.

While I was up there for the 50 days I felt the Lord speak to me that I was supposed to move up to Berkeley and make that my home base for the next two or three years. He also spoke to me that this would be the time when I am supposed to launch my own ministry organization. This was something that God originally spoke to me around five years ago but had directed me to wait for the proper timing.

Over the last two months I have prayed into this move and sought council from my spiritual coverings. I am now confident about this direction and have received blessing from those who I have been serving under over the past few years.

My main focus will be to partner with those who are already advancing the Kingdom of God in the city and campus of Berkeley. The organization I will be launching is going to focus on mobilizing and equipping the Millenial generation for the purpose of strategic level spiritual warfare intercession. With that as a nucleus we will also equip our generation to be Daniels, Esthers, and Josephs within the seven mountains of culture as they bring the light of the Kingdom to all of society. Along with the seven mountain mandate will be a strong focus on evangelism as I intend to see another Jesus People movement arise in the Bay Area.

I will be partnering with those who have carried the baton of intercession for the last several decades. Much of the prayer movement is dominated by those with gray hair. They have much wisdom to impart and desire to see the next generation raised up. I don't want to replace what God is doing with the generation of my fathers but to come alongside of them and let them hoist our generation upon their shoulders. We are at a time of an Elisha outpouring as God is releasing a double portion upon those who know what it is like to wash the hands of the fathers and mothers of the faith. 

In addition to Berkeley I will also be doing ministry throughout the state. It excites me that I will be living less than 90 minutes from our state capital. This will be strategic as we prepare for the elections of 2016 and seek to see an exposure of the corruption that currently inhabits Sacramento. I will be only two hours from the courthouse in which one of my ancestors used to hold court as one of the first judges within California. Knowing that I am so close to this, and other generational wells, is exciting for me. Also, it was at UC Berkeley that my own father grew in his understanding of the Holy Spirit and received spiritual deposits that have shaped his spiritual walk to this day.

UC Berkeley is one of the most influential universities in the world. What happens at Berkeley ripples across the universities of North America. What happens at Berkeley is manifested in the Bay and from the Bay it touches the world. When Berkeley radiates with the light of the Risen Lamb then every nation will see the light.

Would you partner with me as I make this move? I will be seeking employment in the Bay as I launch this new ministry endeavor, build a team, and develop ministry partnerships. It is my plan to cover my own living expenses by working in the marketplace. However this move requires funds as I am relocating from Southern California and moving to a very high rent area. I also require funding to cover the ministry expenses that will occur as I seek to advance the gospel in Berkeley.

Would you consider making a one time gift in these last few weeks of 2014? And would you also pray about being a monthly partner with this new endeavor? 

No comments: