Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful

This time of year we can get swept up with all of the shopping, feasting, and football that we forget what this is truly about. Thanksgiving is a time, during the season of harvest, that we reflect back on all of the things that we are thankful for. In that end I present some of the things that I am thankful for in no particular order:

An amazing church family
Awesome spiritual mentors who see me for who I truly am
A band of brothers who aren't afraid to call me out when I need it
Spiritual sisters who put up with me and bring out the fun goofy side of me
The fact that I received clarity when it comes to my career
A great living situation with two great guys
My Macbook Pro
New friends that I've met through Twitter
A new job, with amazing opportunities, that I know I will love
Being able to live in Southern California which is absolutely amazing
Great friends who keep my life interesting
God preserving my health

Most of all I am thankful for this past year. In many ways it has been the most painful year of my entire life. But through it all I have learned so much. God has taught me so many things about who He is and who I am in Him. Things that I previously knew as head knowledge has now become heart knowledge. God is so good. I know that He will bring to completion what He has begun. I am so thankful for the fact that He hasn't given up on me. I am His beloved son in whom He is pleased. Hallelujah!


2 comments:

Jonathon said...

Matthew! You rule!

Unknown said...

Hey Matthew, you're not alone. Blessings in Christ Jesus from San Diego.