Monday, November 2, 2009

A shameless plug for Freedom & Fashion

I don't do plugs too often on here. I've plugged a conference & I've shared an awesome song that my friend Jaeson recorded. Readers on this blog probably would never expect that I would do a plug for a fashion show. But that is just what I'm doing right now. This group, organized by some friends of mine, is in keeping with much of what I see God doing. God is raising up men and women who will take every sphere of society.

Freedom & Fashion is utilizing the fashion industry to raise awareness about slavery, sex trafficking, child labor, etc around the world. All of this is done with them being upfront with their Christian beliefs and backgrounds. But they are taking it to the world and partnering with both secular and Christian organizations and businesses. By doing so they are making their voice heard and shining light into darkness. Groups like this make me very pleased.

But I'm asking you for something here. I'm asking you to check out their site. Read what they are about. Be inspired by them. Ask God how He wants to use you to influence society. Then ask God if He wants to use you to help Freedom & Fashion. Secondly, come out to the event if you are in the Los Angeles area on November 19th. It's going to be a lot of fun. You'll get to see me which is always great. But most of all you will be supporting a great cause.

No comments: