Sunday, June 3, 2012

June Newsletter


Matthew Prewett
Missionary to Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
PO Box 3693
Hollywood, CA 90078

June 2012 Newsletter

This past month:
            May was a time of cementing what has been done in the first part of the year and preparing for what is to come during the rest of the year.
            One exciting project that I got to work on during May was a report about Los Angeles County. Radiance is part of the Reformation Prayer Network, which unites prayer leaders throughout the nation to pray for revival and the establishment of God’s kingdom on this earth. The CA portion is in the midst of a yearlong prayer initiative focusing on all 58 counties within the state. Los Angeles’ had its turn from May 28th to June 4th. I was asked to put together a report of the history of Los Angeles County, an overview of current issues, and key prayer topics to be targeting. This was a lot of work but a great learning process. The biggest challenge was to distill all of the information I had into a manageable document that people would have time to read. I was then able to present the information and participate in a conference call with some of the key prayer leaders in our state.
            Our prayer room is in the midst of a redecoration as well. A team of artists, from my old church in Orange County, is painting the walls and the work they do is amazing. Their art prophesies to the Lord’s goodness and His heart for the region.

Looking forward:
            Our training school is starting on June 25th. We are having a number of leaders coming to our house of prayer, to impart into the lives of students and young adults. I am super excited about what God is going to do and know that I will learn a lot as I participate in it as a staff member. It will be a time when I can build relationships with a number of these leaders as our class size is going to be purposefully small.
            We are expecting a number of recent college graduates to join our staff later this summer, which will provide an infusion of energy and passion. We are also looking forward to the establishment of our deliverance ministry but have been waiting for the timing to be right and manpower to be there.
            I am also planning and praying about taking some ministry/speaking trips later this year. There are some places that I want to sow into and that I have been praying for from a distance. Already I have had some doors start to open and am excited to see what God is going to do with that.
Prayer Needs:
            Be praying for energy and stamina. Ministry in Hollywood can seem easy because it’s in our own backyard but in fact it can be a brutal place. At the same time God has given me such a love for this city and it is an incredible privilege to serve here.
            Also be praying for guidance, discernment, and patience in my planning.
Financial Needs:
            I continue to need those who are willing to partner with me on a monthly basis. Please contact me to learn how to do this or how to give a one-time tax-deductible gift.            

No comments: