Monday, August 17, 2009

The opposition that comes before breakthrough

It is always most difficult right before breakthrough. It is darkest before dawn. Do you feel that things are getting worse instead of better? Do you feel that your life is headed into the pit instead of towards the promised breakthrough? Stop blaming yourself! This is normal. Before breakthrough there is always opposition. The greater the breakthrough the greater the opposition will be. When Moses first asked Pharoah to let the Isrealities go their labors were increased. They blamed Moses for this instead of looking forward to what God was going to do.

It is for this reason that we must remain united with the heart of God. When we partner with Him He will share what He is about to do. When we face opposition we need to ask Him what He is about to do. Great opposition always comes before great breakthrough. When nothing is going your way ask two things. First, are you in God's will? If the answer is yes then you are facing the opposition that comes before breakthrough. Then ask God what you need to do to make that breakthrough your own. Keep your focus on Him and not your circumstances.

Recently, I was facing quite a bit of opposition. It was a very miserable week. I was barely able to function. I knew that a huge breakthrough was around the corner. In fact God had promised me, several months ago, breakthrough on that date. In some ways I had it easy because I knew it was coming. I kept my focus on God. I contended for the breakthrough that was coming. I listened to worship music and soaked with devotional music from IHOP. I even fasted one day. And the promised breakthrough came. I mention this as an encouragement on how to treat opposition.

Another way to treat opposition is to look at it as a prediction of breakthrough. Is there opposition in a particular area? Perhaps it is because God is bringing breakthrough in that area. I encounter this quite a bit while interceding for services or meetings. For example if there is a heaviness then often God is bringing an impartation of joy. Another example would be an attack of depression before God brings healing of mental disease.

Don't focus on the opposition. Focus on what God is doing. Don't let opposition distract you from the glory. Don't focus on yourself. Focus on your God. Keep your gaze heavenward and you will experience breakthrough after breakthrough.

This weekend one of the prophetic voices at my church shared that this is the season of breakthroughs. Not breakthrough but breakthroughs. I release this word over you and ask that our Lord will reveal to you His plans for you. He is ever faithful and will continue to bless you. He wants to bring you breakthrough. So walk in the breakthrough. He has done it! Step into it. This is the season of victory. Stop focusing on the opposition but press through until you reach the other side.

4 comments:

Dr. V said...

Thank you for this post! Recently, opposition has come from every side, even in the simplest matters. Praying, studying the Word, worshipping in song has been a fight. I am convinced that the breakthroughs are close at hand. Please pray with me. Quitting is not an option!

Dr. V said...

Thank you for this post! Recently, opposition has come from every side, even in the simplest matters. Praying, studying the Word, worshipping in song has been a fight. I am convinced that the breakthroughs are close at hand. Please pray with me. Quitting is not an option!

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you! luv this post.